© Karen Kyle Ericson, all rights reserved.
I only had a blood test this year. I figured my body was tested thoroughly last year. It turned out that my blood was positive for an auto-immunity disease. Yikes! My doctor sent me to a rheumatologist (after recommending ibuprofen and a chiropractor). What I have is arthritis, which the young rheumatologist was excited to point out. She kept asking, "Does this hurt?"
I'd reply, "No."
"You have arthritis here. I'm surprised it doesn't hurt."
I was also diagnosed with Sjogren's (sho-grin). Problem is, I don't have the symptoms (dry mouth and eyes)... So that's a mystery. If symptoms show up I'll know what to do.
The next few days I spent thinking about how my knees, elbows and wrists hurt. "...distracted by so many things," I felt pain. Then I realized if it didn't hurt before it probably isn't that painful now. So I rode the bike for 20 minutes. Pain gone : )
Sitting and worrying is one of the worst things to do. I wonder if we're too smart for our own good these days... Martha was worried about fixing dinner for Jesus and the disciples. Her sister Mary sat at Jesus' feet listening to His every word. Jesus was most pleased with Mary. This prayer has been attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr.
- Serenity Prayer
God, give us grace to accept with serenity
- the things that cannot be changed,
- Courage to change the things
- which should be changed,
- and the Wisdom to distinguish
- the one from the other.
- Serenity Prayer
- Living one day at a time,
- Enjoying one moment at a time,
- Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
- Taking, as Jesus did,
- This sinful world as it is,
- Not as I would have it,
- Trusting that You will make all things right,
- If I surrender to Your will,
- So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
- And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Challenge sponsored by Katie Lloyd Photography.