Friday, September 21, 2012

Scripture & a Snapshot

"May God bless the military"
© Karen Kyle Ericson, all rights reserved.

I was out shooting and saw this medical helicopter flying overhead.  I imagined how many horrors the medics must see in the field.  It would take more than courage to be able to do such a job.  It reminded me of the verse above.  Then I thought about those fighting on the ground and wished this would all end.  I hope they can all come home soon.  Jesus promised their sacrifice won't go unnoticed.  I am grateful for them.

In America, a rogue "Pastor" posted a youtube movie.  I really don't understand his intentions.  Instead of the hope of Christ, he brought more violence.  Our country has laws against "Hate Crimes."  Yet this movie was deemed "free speech" by our Administration.  More soldiers were killed and wounded.  Evidently, "Hate Crimes" doesn't apply to foreign nations or American Muslims.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Seems like they should just take down the movie.  I am grateful for England and the other nations who are working together.

In the midst of all the craziness, one thing remains true.  God is still on His throne.  No actions go unnoticed by Him.  I found this great quote:

"The love of God is never idle."  Francis of Assisi

Things may seem dark but His light is still there.  Sometimes we just have to look up.  Here's my prayer.  I must admit it's hard for me to know what to pray.

Dear Heavenly Father I lift up the soldiers overseas to You.  I pray You will guide them and protect them.  Help them not to give up and return to their homes and families soon.  Forgive us all where we've failed You, and help us to move forward in the right direction.

In Jesus Name, Amen.


Side note- I graduated from New York Institute of Photography, my fears were wrong.  I am very grateful and have a new peace.  Now that I'm done I'll have more time for my blogs again.  God bless!  And feel free to comment if you think of something.

2 comments:

  1. I too wish this would all come to an end soon. My hubby and I were just talking about the senslessness of those people making such a movie, they must have known it would provoke to anger, and more violence! They abused their freedom of speech rights, and the blood of innocent people are on their hands. It is so sad, but you are right: God is still on His throne...and someday there will be true peace....Amen~ to your prayer!

    *CONGRATS ON YOUR GRADUATION! WHOOT!!*

    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa- this was a hard post to write, but I had that tugging in my heart that said I needed to write it. It is incredibly sad that someone would do this twice. Thanks about the graduation too! I've been having all sorts of fun being creative again must've really been weighing on me.

    God bless!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete