Friday, October 12, 2012

Trust issues

"Wonder what the little butterfly is thinking..."
© Karen Kyle Ericson, all rights reserved.

I heard that the winner of the VP debate last night was Joe Biden's dentist.  He grinned and laughed the whole time, interrupting Paul Ryan.  I had to admit the dentist did do a great job : )  His teeth were white and straight.  American humor strikes again.  My husband and I tried to watch the debate but we'd seen too much of these antics in the last four years.  Nothing new there.  We went to bed early.

I was thinking today about how on earth we'll get through this time.  Then I remembered Proverbs 3:5-6.  It's good for us to think about things and figure it all out.  But at the end of the day, it's really the Lord who gives the best advice, knows all and sees all.  Nothing gets past Him.  I need to trust Him that whatever happens next, He will direct us and guide us in the right direction.  I'll continue to pray for wisdom about the candidates.  Another month and the elections will be over.

I chose this photo because it reminded me of how bugs, birds, and most animals know exactly where to go for food.  God has given them instincts to go where they need to during the seasons.  I believe this is called a "Butterfly bush."  But the bumblebees seem to like it too.  God's given us a pretty good set of instincts too, when we're trusting in Him.

Feel free to comment if you like : )

No comments:

Post a Comment