Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wars and rumors of wars (John 14:25-28, Matt 24:3-14, Matt. 6:9)

We're having kind of a bad world-leader week.  I was trying to think of the good side of all this and realized we're closer to Jesus' return : )  Also, thought if all the world-leader's Mothers came back and gave them the LOOK it might help.  But I can't guarantee it...  So... here we are war, almost war, and more war. During times like this I like to read these verses:


“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you. ’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I."
John 14:25-28

I'm sure Jesus' disciples were nervous.  They would've noticed how the leaders of their time wanted to silence Jesus, and they didn't quite understand His power and purpose at this point.  So when the time came, the disciples asked Him about things.

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
 And Jesus answered and said to them:“ Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

Matthew 24:3-14

We need to continue to pray for peace in Jerusalem- it's actually where many of the Biblical prophecies will take place.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I lift up the world leaders to You.  I honestly don't know what to ask for specifically.  You are God You see all and know all.  I pray You will bring peace.  I lift up all those around the world who are being held against their will, please set them free.  I pray You will speak to the hearts of all of our leaders, especially ours, about the cost of war in people's lives at home and abroad.  Help us to tend to the needs of our own nations.  I thank You and praise You for Israel's safety in the midst of so many conflicts and different beliefs.  Forgive us all where we've failed in word or actions.  


Here's the prayer Jesus taught us:
'Our Father who art in a heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.' And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen'  Matt. 6:9
In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment