Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Salute to our Veterans 2014

"May God bless our Veterans"

My husband and I were driving to Church and he noticed his coat had a hole in it.  I told him, "This year is supposed to be quite cold.  We need to get you a new one."

Then I started thinking.  So I told him we should put the old one in the Salvation Army box.  He said it was a most excellent idea.  Then I wondered if I can still fit in my coats.  Maybe I should get rid of some, you know more closet space.  The image of someone, a Veteran, or homeless person shivering flashed through my mind.  Next came the "gotta do" push from the Lord.  I thought about how cool it would be if all of us cleaned out our coat closets for people who could really use them : )  Churches could help out.

You see I feel very blessed.  My family has had veterans from all the generations. We came here in the 1600's. It makes me feel proud to know this.  I just learned it a few years ago.  One of them snuck away from home to blow up bridges in order to free the slaves.  I heard about a group that was telling children George Washington and all our founding fathers had slaves.  Sadly, many nations had slaves even in Jesus' time.  The difference in America is, men like Abraham Lincoln knew it had to be stopped.  He wrote the Gettysburg Address and set about stopping this.  Americans shed their our own blood to set them free.  Wow, I should call my brother today, he's a Vet.

I am so grateful for those who are willing to step up and serve.  

We are seeing more wounded soldiers coming home, and it breaks my heart.  Some of them will feel God abandoned them and have lost their hope.  I saw this link and humbly thank these soldiers for offering their sacrifice of praise to God.  We can praise God for everything when we are happy.  But when life is really bad it sometimes takes a lot of effort, a sacrifice to praise.  In my life, the sacrifice of praise has been rewarded with joy!  These wounds will be harder to heal.

Wounded Warriors - "Hallelujah" (link)

Dear Heavenly Father thank You for the sacrifice of Your Son, "Jesus."  Thank You for giving humans the ability to fight through their fears, have compassion, and lay their lives down for others.  I pray for Your hand of love to touch those in the military, fire fighters, paramedics.  All those in harms way.  Please bless Israel and grant them wisdom to be able to defend their nation.  We see Your hand at work.  Please bless our nation with the knowledge of how we can truly help.  

In Jesus Name, Amen.

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
(John 15:13 NKJV)

Jeremy Camp, "There will be a day" (link)

This has been my 5th year writing this blog.  I still love doing it- well except the hellfire and brimstone stuff, but hey, it's God's Word.  Can't edit His Word not such a good idea  : )  I'd like to get organized and make some pages for the songs I pick out.  Do some organizing.

God bless!  Happy Veterans Day and many thanks!
In His love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment