Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day (1 Corinthians 13)

Happy Valentine's Day!
One of this year's cards.
2015



It's been so crazy in the News it's hard to tell which end is up! I started making my family and friends Valentines just for fun and to give them a little laugh.  I actually get nice comments and the people I send to seem to appreciate a home made gift.  This year is the ladybug!  Hoping it reminds us all that we will see gardens soon.  It's been cold and snowy in New Jersey lately.  But!  My Governor, Governor Christie is going to run for President.  He would be a great leader.  Has no problem speaking his mind at all : )  We've had a really great Valentine's day this year.  Corinthians (the love chapter) is also written by the Apostle Paul.

Love isn't just a feeling; it's a choice.

1 Corinthians Chapter 13

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love isn't easy all the time is it?  Sometimes I don't feel loving at all.  Confessing to the Lord helps.  The stuff going on in the world is hard to hear about.  I see Ukraine in the News and my heart breaks.  But I love them, I can't imagine what they're going through.  They can't even have a simple Valentine's Day.  I'll keep praying.  Maybe it's times like this that makes it all the more important to just thank God for all that is right, and wonderful.
 
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Paul is telling us  love isn't just a nice feeling.  It's a decision.  It's not proud or obnoxious bragging all the time.  It's simple, quiet and patient.  Sometimes marriage is a huge challenge.  Men and women just don't think the same.  I'm so glad and so frustrated.  It's all good.
 
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

God's love will never ever fail.  It's lasted through everything good, holy and wrong.  He is our Master, Teacher, Friend, Counsellor, God.  Jesus showed us His image.
 
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

God has more in mind than we can fathom!  What a glorious day is coming for us!  We can only imagine now.
 
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love
(1 Corinthians 13:1-13 NKJV)

Love is the greatest and the most challenging.  Thank You Father for love.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I lift up Ukraine to You.  I pray You will bring peace.  Please comfort these people Lord.  Bless them with good things.  Help the middle east find it's way to stop all the craziness.  Please bless the nations with good things.  Restore the joy of our salvation and renew a right spirit within.

Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
10 Set the world right;
Do what's best––
  as above, so below.
11 Keep us alive with three square meals.
12 Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
13 Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
  Yes. Yes. Yes.
(Matthew 6:9-13 Message)

 
In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment