Thursday, May 7, 2015

USA National Day of Prayer (Prayer of George Washington)

Many have died for this country. 
This flag is not to be tampered with.


I wanted to start with one of the prayers George Washington wrote many years ago:

"Holy and eternal Lord God who art King of heaven, and the watchman of Israel, that never slumberest or sleepest, what shall we render unto thee for all thy benefits; because thou hast inclined thine ears unto me, therefore I will call on thee as long as I live, from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same let thy name be praised. Among the infinite riches of thy mercy towards me, I desire to render thanks & praise for thy merciful preservation of me this day, as well as all the days of my life; and for the many other blessings & mercies spiritual &temporal which thou hast bestowed on me, contrary to my deserving. All these thy mercies call on me to be thankful and my infirmities & wants call for a continuance of thy tender mercies; cleanse my soul,

O Lord, I beseech thee, from whatever is offensive to thee, and hurtful to me, and give me what is convenient for me. Watch over me this night, and give me comfortable and sweet sleep to fit me for the service of the day following. Let my soul watch for the coming of the Lord Jesus; let my bed put me in mind of my grave, and my rising from there of my last resurrection;

O heavenly Father, so frame this heart of mine, that I may ever delight to live according to thy will and command, in holiness and righteousness before thee all the days of my life. Let me remember, O Lord, the time will come when the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall rise and stand before the judgment seat, and give an account of whatever they have done in the body, and let me so prepare my soul, that I may do it with joy and not with grief.

Bless the rulers and people of this and forget not those who are under any affliction or oppression. Let thy favor be extended to all my relations, friends, and all others who I ought to remember in prayer and hear me I beseech thee for the sake of my dear redeemer in whose most holy words, I farther pray, Our Father, & ( Washington_Williamson)"

George Washington's Prayer Journal, 1752 Age 20

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 
2 Chronicles 7:14

Things are looking right for a miracle.

Generald Wilson, God bless America (link)

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
(Matthew 6:9-13 NKJV)



Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for this great nation.  I am so grateful for free speech, Churches to worship in and sing to You.  I pray You will guide us.  We have lost our way and many are confused believing things that aren't true.  Grant us wisdom as we select the next president.  Help us to hold on to hope, faith and love.  I pray You will help those in foreign lands that are facing persecution.  Bless the children with good educations that are true and not destructive.   Bring peace to Jerusalem.

In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment