Friday, February 25, 2011

Majestic holiness

This is a very short and simple Psalm with a huge message.  When I think of the Lord clothed in majesty, I remember when Jesus was transfigured in the New Testament.
Matt 17:1-3
17 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
NKJV
He must be beautiful to see!  I don't think paintings can show the real Jesus- I suspect the colors of Heaven are beyond what we can see today.  But one day we will, our eyes will be opened.  I wonder if there are rainbows in Heaven and what they will look like.
Psalms 93

1 The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.
2 Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting.

3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
The floods have lifted up their voice;
The floods lift up their waves.
4 The Lord on high is mightier
Than the noise of many waters,
Than the mighty waves of the sea.

I think the holiness that adorns God's house is also going to be a new experience for us.  My first thought was of a house that's too clean.  The floors are highly polished, no dust anywhere, the furniture is covered in plastic.  I walk in and wish to leave as soon as possible (I'm clumsy).  If I don't slip on the shiny floor, I will probably knock over a very expensive vase after tripping over a throw rug.  Holiness is different than squeaky clean. It is pure without any evil or temptation, it is safe- absolutely no fear at all.   At last we will be able to understand these feelings.  I hope it's like that, if not it'll be better for sure.
5 Your testimonies are very sure;
Holiness adorns Your house,
O Lord, forever.
NKJV

4 comments: