Friday, February 11, 2011

Not done yet

God smiled on His earth, His creation. 
Gen 1:31
31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
NKJV
Sadly, we don't always realize what we have.  It's easy to become ungrateful or just not notice what's going on around us. I remember shooting a gargoyle on the top of a building in NYC.  I had my camera on a tripod.  A man in a business suit walked up beside me to see what I was shooting. It made me wonder how many people live in the city and miss out on details like this.  But God doesn't give up on us.  The struggle with faith and thanksgiving was huge for the people of Israel.  We still have that struggle today as Christians.

Psalms 85

1 God, you smiled on your good earth!
You brought good times back to Jacob! 
2 You lifted the cloud of guilt from your people,
you put their sins far out of sight
3 You took back your sin-provoked threats,
you cooled your hot, righteous anger.

I can pray along with this Psalm, "Help us again."  Jesus provided the new start we needed, the resurrection life.  After I accepted Christ, the first thing I noticed was I laughed for the first time in years.  I was watching a TV show and just started laughing.  I think the first fruit of the Spirit I experienced was joy.  With the current political climate in North America, this prayer is important.
4 Help us again, God of our help;
don't hold a grudge against us forever. 
5 You aren't going to keep this up, are you?
scowling and angry, year after year
6 Why not help us make a fresh starta resurrection life?
Then your people will laugh and sing
7 Show us how much you love us, God!
Give us the salvation we need!

In Heaven there will be no more religions, no one will be called, "fools."  All questions will be answered.  He loves His holy people which includes the Jews- all people who accept Jesus' sacrifice. 
8 I can't wait to hear what he'll say.
God's about to pronounce his people well,
The holy people he loves so much,
so they'll never again live like fools
9 See how close his salvation is to those who fear him?
Our country is home base for Glory!

Love, truth and right living are a result of our faith.  At least I do my best with living right.  I am definitely not perfect.  I don't know any Christians who want to destroy others because they don't believe like they do.  I do know a lot of Christians who try to help others with food, visiting in prisons, clothes, and other things, regardless of their beliefs.  Jesus is our example.  He showed us how to live. 
10 Love and Truth meet in the street,
Right Living and Whole Living embrace and kiss
11 Truth sprouts green from the ground,
Right Living pours down from the skies
12 Oh yes! God gives Goodness and Beauty;
our land responds with Bounty and Blessing
13 Right Living strides out before him,
and clears a path for his passage.
THE MESSAGE
"Right Living strides before us, and clears a path for His passage" just like Palm Sunday in the New Testament (Matt 21:4-11).  Jesus, Son of God, chose to ride a donkey into Jerusalem.  Though He is God, the King of King's, He came to earth in humility.

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh...humility. That so elusive, yet so important quality of the true Christian. Great post, Karen. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so important to be kind and give of ourselves to others. You have a new follower! Hopping by from the blog hop! I look forward to following your blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick when you can and say hi! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Mama Hen! I will visit your blog :)

    Yeah Clint- humility, just when I think I'm doing so good, I realize that's pride... no wonder we need a Savior! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humility..this is a great message Karen, it has also caused me to reflect on my life (pride).... Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Murugi! Pride is a tough one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pride is certainly a tough one for me too I'm afraid. I have found that whenever I try to work on being more humble, the Lord helps me by creating situation in which I feel humble...He has a wonderful sense of humor. :)

    I remember praying once at church for humility and then as communion time came I walked up the aisle thinking about how Humble I was being, maybe I even looked wise and holy, you know? Then on my way back I started to think about how I looked in my new skirt and boots etc...(Yes, all humility out the window sadly:) and after church my husband told me he had just noticed that my skirt had a huge hole in the back! I was so embarrassed and I certainly felt humble after that!:)

    Sorry for the long story there...this is another really meaningful and well written post! I so enjoy coming here Karen. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that story Colleen! Thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one to do things like that. :) I had my slip get all twisted in the back and slide up at a college event. Still blush to think about it lol. This is one of my favorite verses Prov 16:18

    18 Pride goes before destruction,
    And a haughty spirit before a fall.
    NKJV

    ReplyDelete