Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh my soul


I think the worst part of having trouble is the feelings.  The ache in my soul.  Physically, I'm fine- inside it's a bit sluggish.  Today I went to do my blog post and the cable was down.  Ugh...  I called the cable company on my cell phone because our main phone is on cable.  I figured out how to get past the recorded voice that tells me to unplug my modem, only to wait an hour to talk to a live person...  tap tap tap.  Will I ever be able to work again?  My patience runs thin, hope starts turning into despair, the lady answers and I am so relieved.  She asks me if I unplugged the modem.  I told her I did, that I'm a computer programmer.  She laughed and said, "I'm so glad you understand computers."  I laughed too, "You have a tough job!"  We became good friends.

The repairman will be here between 12pm and 8pm today.  What's a girl to do?

I am so caught up in the internet these days, I feel lost without it.  I have two choices, focus on the internet which I can't control, or  focus on what I can control.  I don't need the internet to write my post, take photos, learn some more about Corel Painter, even cartoon a bird.  My soul is set free! 

© Karen Kyle Ericson, all rights reserved.



This is a really inspiring prayer. The wisdom is right up there with focusing on what you need, not just what you want.  Focus on what you can control, not on what you can't, let God handle that.  It's, "The Serenity Prayer."

God grant me the serenity to
accept the things I can not change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Psalms 124

This Psalm is another one of David's.  David had two choices, to focus on all the problems they've had in Israel, or to focus on God's deliverance.  Reading through the Psalms this year, I've noticed David focused on both.  This is a song of praise from Israel to God for journeys to Jerusalem. 

1 "If it had not been the Lord who was on our side,"
Let Israel now say — 
2 "If it had not been the Lord who was on our side,
When men rose up against us,
3 Then they would have swallowed us alive,
When their wrath was kindled against us;
4 Then the waters would have overwhelmed us,

The stream would have gone over our soul;
5 Then the swollen waters
Would have gone over our soul."

6 Blessed be the Lord,
Who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
7 Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers;
The snare is broken, and we have escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
NKJV

Praise God!  I'm back online : ) Oh!  In the words of David, "Blessed be the Lord, for He has not allowed me to disappear in cyberspace; He has set me free to surf the waves again."

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have some patience regarding these customer service issues. I understand the term, "going postal". Really happy you're back on-line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clint! Customer service is hard to find these days... lots of recordings...

    God bless you! Beep...

    ReplyDelete