Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scripture & a Snapshot

"Brown patches of grass"
© Karen Kyle Ericson, all rights reserved.
The weather in the USA has been hot this year.  It has been between 90 to over 100 with high humidity.  It doesn't help that the weather reporters color the map bright red and purple in the hottest spots.  There were several wild fires in the west- just came out of nowhere.  The bright, green grass is turning brown.


Sometimes life feels like that too.  We get bored or stuck.  Our faith feels dry and empty.  In this verse David is earnestly seeking God.  His soul thirsts and body longs for Him.  With all the political things and craziness in the world today, I long for Him too.  The truth is He is always with us.  Reading His Word is like a fountain spraying me out of the dryness, reminding me of His presence and plan.  So glad He gave us the Bible.  One of my friends used to call it, "The Human User's Guide."


When I am in good spirits, I can sense His presence with me.  I have joy.  It used to drive my co-workers crazy, because I'd usually smile at work.  Some became jealous and thought my job was better than theirs.  The jobs I had weren't wonderful.  But the truth is, the Lord blessed me with joy.  His blessings are for all of us.    


I still have times of drought focussing on everything but God.  When those times come, I remember this verse and make it my prayer:
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:12
Feel free to comment if you like : )


Side note- we just got back from vacation last week.  I went outside and took this photo this morning.  Sorry to have missed you, but I'm back now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    That first scripture is just what i needed today! Thanks & God Bless~Lisa

    ReplyDelete