Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Talk about it....

Psalm 105 is a very long Psalm about 3 pages. So I picked out the first verses, they stood out the most today. The rest of the Psalm describes God's faithfulness and covenants with Joseph, Abraham, Jacob, Israel and more...  So many stories of tragedy and victory to encourage and give us hope.   

What stands out to me in this Psalm is how we are not only to sing to the Lord, but also talk of His wondrous works.  Ok, I've had a rather challenging life...  So, I thought for a long time that God's blessings for me were like a fortune cookie message.  You open it and read it, then if you don't eat the cookie the blessings disappear.  I thought talking about how God blessed me would make Him disappear.  It was a secret between me and Him.  But now that I'm mature (sometimes...) I understand He wants me to tell others what He's done for me!  It pleases Him very much and also helps others. 

So here's my most recent huge blessing.  I've been unable to bring in a steady income for awhile now.  I've been working on getting freelance work set up in photography, illustration, and writing.  Which is also why I have to watermark and copyright my photos.  Sorry!  My husband is working and each time we start getting low on funds the money turns up.  Because I was out of work last year, we got a nice tax refund this year.  My praise is that He supplies all our needs and takes care of us in ways we simply don't expect.  Amazing!

Psalms 105

1 Oh, give thanks to the Lord!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
2 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
3 Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord!
4 Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!
5 Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
6 O seed of Abraham His servant,
You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!

7 He is the Lord our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
8 He remembers His covenant forever,
The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations...
NKJV

Prayer for Japan:
Dear Heavenly Father I lift up Japan to You.  I praise You and thank You for the survivors in Japan.  I pray You will open up communications and let identification of the dead be known so the families can mourn and heal.  Please wrap Your loving arms around those who have lost loved ones.  I also thank You for the many relief workers who are helping in Japan right now.  Please protect the workers and all residents in Japan from a nuclear disaster.  You created the earth and everything in it, You know more about the earth than anyone.  Please guide them to know how to prevent harm.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing, isn't it, how He always makes things work for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28). God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! He's always provided jobs at just the right minute too. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete