Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In His presence

Psalms 43
3 Give me your lantern and compass,
give me a map,
So I can find my way to the sacred mountain,
to the place of your presence,
4 To enter the place of worship,
meet my exuberant God,
Sing my thanks with a harp,
magnificent God, my God.
THE MESSAGE

Sometimes it's hard to see where we're supposed to go with our lives.  "Ok, I believe in You God, so now what do I do?"  In verse 3 David is asking for a lantern, compass and map.  Sometimes I ask for a neon sign that reads "Do this!"  But the way to find direction is in the place of His presence.  It's in Bible study and prayer.  I love to sing to the Lord in worship- it's like being before His throne, as much as is possible in this world.  Heaven must be awesome.  But today I need to work out my career.  I have a lot of ideas but will need God's lantern, compass and map to actually get there.  Jesus is all these things and more:
John 14:6-7
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
NKJV
We just need to come into His presence.  Guide me Father in the work You have for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment