Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hiding place

Psalms 46
1 God is a safe place to hide,
ready to help when we need him.
2 We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom,
courageous in seastorm and earthquake,
3 Before the rush and roar of oceans,
the tremors that shift mountains.
THE MESSAGE

Being in the presence of God gives me a safe place to hide.  When all seems out of control and lost, I can find peace in Him.  I have experienced this fearlessness when I give up and simply surrender my situation to God.  It seems like things are the very worst when I focus on the problems and not the solutions.  In one of my jobs there was a lot of gossip and I was one of the lucky targets.  Lies were spread and it was very hurtful.  I had to ask myself if I really care what other people think or what God thinks about me.  I turned it into a joke and asked people if there was any new gossip about me today.  It put people at ease and I learned not to take this job too seriously.  It was hard I admit.  But the lesson was well worth it.  Jobs come and go.  Storms hit and move on.  But God is my hiding place in any trouble.  Jesus said it this way,
John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." NKJV
I love this verse.  I can imagine Jesus talking seriously to the disciples.  Then He gets a big smile on His face and says, "...be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment