Monday, December 13, 2010

What if?

Ps 43:5
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.
NKJV

Sometimes I get down.  Everyone does.  Sometimes it seems like nothing will ever go right again- like I'll be where I'm at today with my career and dreams forever.  But change is always happening.  When I feel this way it's usually because my focus is on my worries and all the things that can go wrong.  The "what if" monster takes over and I imagine the very worst.  It always helps to finish the what if-  with "then I'll do this..."  But the point of these verses is to put my hope back in God, money runs out, work is sometimes fruitless, people get sick and die.  But God, He is forever.  He is the solid One we can always rely on.  "Hope in God."  My countenance is the outer expression of my soul.  My eyes sparkle when I'm trusting God, more beautiful than make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment