Saturday, January 15, 2011

Miracles happen

Psalms 63:1-8

1 God — you're my God!
I can't get enough of you!
I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God,
traveling across dry and weary deserts.

2 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
drinking in your strength and glory.
3 In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains.
4 I bless you every time I take a breath;
My arms wave like banners of praise to you.

5 I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy;
I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises!
6 If I'm sleepless at midnight,
I spend the hours in grateful reflection
.
7 Because you've always stood up for me,
I'm free to run and play.
8 I hold on to you for dear life,
and you hold me steady as a post.

THE MESSAGE

God is my God!  I can't live without Him.  There's just no hope in the world or in the things I do.  Traveling across dry and weary deserts stands out a lot to me today.  You see my brother was diagnosed with liver cancer.  I was told to accept his fate nothing would fix things.  What a long weary desert.  But I believe in miracles.  God created our bodies and He is the Great Physician.  So I prayed for a miracle.  Yesterday I learned the tumor on his liver has died.  They went to do more chemo but there's no more cancer to kill. They are now recommending a surgeon remove part of the liver where the tumor is.  I will wait upon God.  But this is a miracle only God could do!  Even my husband, who works in the medical field, said that when a tumor grows this quickly and then dies it's a miracle.  When I read this Psalm this morning I had to smile real big.  I am so grateful and have been bubbling over with praise.  Yet I know I must wait upon Him.  It will be over when He says it's over.  Today I will run and play.  I will hold onto Him.  And continue to spend time in grateful reflection.  Thanks Father!

2 comments: