Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tears are important

Psalms 56
8 You've kept track of my every toss and turn
through the sleepless nights
,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
each ache written in your book.

9 If my enemies run away,
turn tail
when I yell at them,
Then I'll know
that God is on my side.
10 I'm proud to praise God,
proud to praise God.
11 Fearless now, I trust in God;
what can mere mortals do to me?

12 God, you did everything you promised,
and I'm thanking you with all my heart.
13 You pulled me from the brink of death,
my feet from the cliff-edge of doom.
Now I stroll at leisure with God
in the sunlit fields of life
.
THE MESSAGE

Life is hard at times.  It can also be filled with peace and "sunlit fields."  I have to remember this, there are many experiences in our lives.  God watches over us.  He knows when we are sleepless and when we hurt.  He even keeps track of our tears, that's amazing because I can't remember.  In verse 9 David makes an "if then" deal with God.  "If my enemies run away, ... when I yell at them, then I'll know ... God is on my side."  One of the things I love about God is He has a mind of His own.  I try and tell Him what to do and how to fix things.  But thankfully He does things His way.  When I went to college I had no money and I prayed, "If it's Your will for me to go to school, then please provide the money."  I got the full financial aid package and paid off my debt early.  Not exactly what I had in mind...  but it certainly worked out just fine.  I believe God answered David's request.  He goes on to praise God even though he was in captivity with the Philistines.  As a young shepherd boy, he killed one of their giants.  That would've made for a very uncomfortable experience and many restless nights.  God is God, sometimes He says, "Yes."  Sometimes, "No."  And sometimes, "Wait."

Ps 126:5-6
5 Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy.
6 He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.
NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment