Friday, January 7, 2011

Where is the hope?

Psalms 58
1 Is this any way to run a country?
Is there an honest politician in the house?
2 Behind the scenes you brew cauldrons of evil,
behind closed doors you make deals with demons.
THE MESSAGE

I read this in the Psalms and I thought, "Oh no!  Not this!  It's in the Bible too!!?"

I tried to avoid it. Then I realized many of the things we experience today have happened before in history, man hasn't changed, just the weapons have.  I am tired of the political talk and all the opinions.  I rarely watch the News on TV these days.  Although the Psalms were written thousands of years ago, they still apply today.  I know I've seen these words in newspapers.  So where is the hope in all of this?  Will it ever end?  The answers are throughout the Bible.  Our hope is in God and the return of Christ to set up His kingdom.

Jer 17:7-8
7 Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
NKJV

Jer 29:11-14
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
NKJV

2 comments:

  1. Yes, man has dominated man to his injury. (Ecclesiastes 8:9) Mankind's only hope is God's Kingdom. (Daniel 2:44) :)

    ReplyDelete