Friday, July 1, 2011

Bless God


I've been asked what my title is in the Church.  I always say, "I'm just a servant."  The reason comes from what I learned in the Baptist Student Union in college. As a Christian, I should be reaching up, reaching out, and reaching in. 
  1. Reaching up to God by reading His Word, singing, prayer, and praise.
  2. Reaching out to others to help them with their needs, encouragement, fellowship and to share my faith.
  3. Reaching in to myself to see if I need to confess, if I need to find strength and healing, or if I simply need to thank Him.  Where is He leading me today?
Since then I always try and be involved in some sort of ministry.  I have no idea what God will have me do next!  He's led me to Nursing Homes, street ministries, homeless people, giving my testimony in Churches, teaching children (with cartoons!!!), praying for others, this blog and more.  With all those things- a title just doesn't fit other than servant.  Where He leads, I'll do my best.  He has things that fit all of our personalities perfectly.  Personally, I love the variety He offers : )

What stood out to me in this Psalm is that I could be a blessing to God.   The Almighty Heavenly Father is blessed when I serve Him.  I've never really thought of it that way before.  I know when He's pleased, and not.  But blessed?  By me?  Pretty amazing.   I see the nightwatch as those who battle for souls that are in the darkness.  Darkness meaning the absence of Christ the light.  It can be from illness, sin, lack of faith, tragedy, many things can bring us into darkness.

Psalm 134

1 Come, bless God,
all you servants of God!
You priests of God, posted to the nightwatch
in God's shrine,
2 Lift your praising hands to the Holy Place,
and bless God.
3 In turn, may God of Zion bless you
God who made heaven and earth!
THE MESSAGE

This is the last Pilgrim Psalm sung on the way to Jerusalem.  It's a beauty isn't it?

Sorry to be a bit late with this post.  My husband and I were out shopping for a car.  I have a praise!  Would you believe our 2000 Honda with 143,000 miles that was totaled was worth over $5,000?  We were able to get my husband a nice used car.  Thanks be to God!  And many thanks for your prayers : )

2 comments:

  1. Let's all just be thankful for what we have been given. ...our health, families, friends, and our country.

    ReplyDelete