Monday, November 8, 2010

Are we there yet?

Ps 18:30
What a God! His road
stretches straight and smooth.
Every God-direction is road-tested.
Everyone who runs toward him
Makes it.
THE MESSAGE

His road does stretch straight and true.  But, somehow I sometimes meander...  I can usually tell when I'm wandering I get this annoying feeling thinking, "It'll never work."  "It" can be lots of things: my new business, all the things I have to do, the times I bump heads with people, all the miles involved in following God.  I'm the kind of Christian who says, "Are we there yet?" a lot to God.  It's a good thing He's patient and loving or I, like a lot of others, would be toast.  The truth is it's in the journey each day.  One foot in front of the other.  There's a lot of people to help along the way and things to photograph.  I think He gets a big smile when we make it a few more yards.  One day at a time, it's about seeing and being thankful for the good things and praying about the bad.  When I run toward Him I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment