Friday, November 19, 2010

Waiting...

Ps 29:1-2
29 Bravo, God, bravo!
Gods and all angels shout, "Encore!"
2 In awe before the glory,
in awe before God's visible power.
Stand at attention!
Dress your best to honor him!
Ps 29:10
10 Above the floodwaters is God's throne
from which his power flows,
from which he rules the world.
Ps 29:11
11 God makes his people strong.
God gives his people peace.

THE MESSAGE

I love the imagery in these verses.  I can imagine the angels celebrating God's power.  His throne is above the floodwaters.  He is high and lifted up.  Yet He takes time to make us strong and give us peace.  Besides my new career, my family is going through some hard times.  My Mother is 76 and has recently been taken from an Assisted Living facility to the hospital for blood clots.  We have also recently learned my brother has cancer in his liver.  We are waiting news of whether he can have a transplant.  These things weigh on our hearts.  These verses remind me that God is still in control.  We will celebrate with Him one day, with the angels.  The troubles we know now will be gone forever- for now, we wait, pray and hope.  We are like children not understanding.

Ps 27:13-14
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment