Monday, November 15, 2010

Those who try and pull me down

Ps 27:6
6 God holds me head and shoulders
above all who try to pull me down.

I'm headed for his place to offer anthems
that will raise the roof!

Already I'm singing God-songs;
I'm making music to God.
Ps 27:11
11 Point me down your highway, God;
direct me along a well-lighted street;

show my enemies whose side you're on.
Ps 27:13-14
13 I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness
in the exuberant earth.
14 Stay with God!
Take heart. Don't quit.

I'll say it again:
Stay with God.
THE MESSAGE

I found a whole bunch of verses that stood out in Psalm 27.  There was a time when I was younger that I realized if I hung out with people who constantly discourage me or cut me down, I felt depressed.  "God holds me head and shoulders above all who try and pull me down."  The Bible can be hard to read in places but when I keep reading I find such encouragement.  I want to offer anthems that raise the roof!  And here's another verse that describes following His road.  With all this direction how can I lose my way?  "Stay with God!  Take heart. Don't quit."  I'll keep snapping those photos of His "exuberant earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment