Monday, November 22, 2010

My cave

Ps 31:3-5
3 You're my cave to hide in,
my cliff to climb.
Be my safe leader,
be my true mountain guide.
4 Free me from hidden traps;
I want to hide in you.
5 I've put my life in your hands.
You won't drop me,
you'll never let me down.
THE MESSAGE

I gave my husband his own room in the house.  It's his cave.  He can decorate or do whatever he wants with it.  I promised not to complain- I simply dust and vacuum.  God is my cave.  I can read the Bible when everything seems out of control and see how others have been through the same stuff as me- only it was centuries ago.  He's my cave.  I can let go of everything and just be with Him.  He's my cliff.  Trust takes awhile to learn, He seems to draw me to greater challenges.  One of them is when things are fine and I simply need to keep moving!  He's a safe leader all His ways lead to safety, even avoiding too much alcohol is in the Bible.  A mountain guide, He knows how to:  help me through the rocky times, leap over obstacles, dodge bad things, and finish our tasks.  He won't drop me or get bored.  Do I forget to ask for help?  Think I can do it alone?  Oh yeah...  Should also mention, I have my own cave in the house too : )

No comments:

Post a Comment