Saturday, November 20, 2010

This mess...

Ps 30:1-3
I give you all the credit,
God — you got me out of that mess,
you didn't let my foes gloat.
2 God, my God, I yelled for help
and you put me together.
3 God, you pulled me out of the grave,
gave me another chance at life
when I was down-and-out.
THE MESSAGE

So many times I've gotten stuck.  And so many times He's pulled me out of my mess.  It's great to know He has a plan.  He loves us all so much.  We are his creation.  I remember helping in a Sunday School class of children.  They were so small and cute.  Then the comparisons started...  "Your hair's ugly.  Everyone stay away from her!"  I felt so bad; these cute little girls should have been laughing and playing.  I made them stop.  I think that's how God sees us.  All the same with a unique smile- something special He put in us.

I read this quote in The Secret of the Swamp King, Jonathan Rogers.  It's from the Wilderking trilogy, a very fun children's story.  "A bird might think he deserves to swim as well as a fish, but if he sits moping on the riverbank instead of using the wings God gave him, the fox is going to eat him." p. 221.  

We're all just trying to do our best with our lives.  It's good to know God will help us out when we get stuck. He created us after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment