Thursday, November 4, 2010

Where is this trail going?

Ps 17:4-5
4 I'm not trying to get my way
in the world's way.
I'm trying to get your way,
your Word's way.
5 I'm staying on your trail;
I'm putting one foot
In front of the other.
I'm not giving up.
THE MESSAGE

Last year I left IT to work at home as a freelancer.  God's blessed me with so many gifts and talents.  But, sometimes it feels like I'm working hard and not getting anywhere.  It's like I'm running on a treadmill.  God's given me plenty of hours in each day.  But where on earth do they go?  A few things He reminds me of:  priorities, discipline, and health.  I have to ask myself if I'm focusing on the priorities of the day?  Am I spending my time doing things that I should or surfing the web?  One person said the web is like TV.  Turn it off if you have work to do.  I have my To-Do List on my drafting table.  But sometimes I forget to prioritize what's really important.  I need to watch my health.  If I don't get enough sleep at night I'm groggy and need a nap.  When I don't exercise- I get sleepy too.  And if I don't eat right... the same.  In other words, I need to take care of myself so I can stay on God's trail.  And also have faith, His trails will lead me where I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment