Friday, November 5, 2010

You make me strong!

Ps 18:1-3
1 I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.
NKJV

In Washington state, I went with my college group years ago to a fortress that was built on a cliff overlooking Puget Sound.  It was built to protect the USA in World War II.  It was solid cement with small holes built in to take down enemies with canons. It was high on a rocky cliff with shear drops to the ocean.  I remember thinking how this is how God protects us.
 
When everything seems confusing, the possibilities endless, and the direction unclear the Lord is my rock. If I focus on all the things that might work and all the things that can go wrong I get stuck.  These are my enemies.  But when I focus on one thing at a time, like the holes carved into the fortress for the canons- I get unstuck. Imagine trying to run from canon to canon inside a fortress?  Yikes!  One foot in front of the other, one thing at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment