Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ready for my exam

Ps 26:2-3
2 Examine me, God, from head to foot,
order your battery of tests.
Make sure I'm fit
inside and out

3 So I never lose
sight of your love
,
But keep in step with you,
never missing a beat.

Ps 26:6-7
6 I scrub my hands with purest soap,
then join hands with the others in the great circle,
dancing around your altar, God,
7 Singing God-songs at the top of my lungs,
telling God-stories.

THE MESSAGE

When I first became a Christian I tried to hide all my sins from God.  "Who me?  I didn't do that..."  But I still felt the guilt and shame.  Kinda like Adam and Eve.  At this point I'm willing to say, "Examine me, God, from head to foot.."  It takes courage for sure.  But I'd much rather know His peace than my guilt.  I want to know His love.  And what I know so far is pretty awesome.  "I scrub my hands" means simply confessing and stopping.  I really love the part about "dancing around your altar"... "Singing God-songs at the top of my lungs, telling God-stories."  I confess, at Church and in the car, I love to sing at the top of my lungs : )  It feels like I'm standing in front of His throne, when I focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment