Monday, May 23, 2011

Beautiful feet

Ok, so it's May 23, and Jesus didn't return on the 21.  The truth is, no one knows the time He's coming,  Matt 24:36.  But we do know He'll come.  I was pleased to see an article in the NY Times newspaper on May 20 that described a local group of Christians in Milpitas, California.  They were preparing to minister to those who believed in the false prophecy.  How Christlike is that?  It really touched me.  The NY Times is pretty good about distinguishing between Christians and the "fringe" folks.  My thanks to the Times!  Now if people could just quit making these predictions, Jesus will have more days open on His calendar : )
Apocalypse Central (link to article)

I never thought I'd see Christians in the news.  Face it, a lot of what we do isn't sensational.  "John prayed today." "Susan helped her neighbor bring in the groceries."  "Gertrude gave George money because he didn't have enough for the vending machine."  Many work at collecting used clothing for those down on their luck.  Some serve in the food banks, there's no limit to the type of ministries He sends us to.  Jesus says these things are sensational.  He notices.  Personally, I like being unsensational to others.   When I do something really right, I get all excited and my head swells.   It's very difficult to help others when your head gets stuck in the door...  Jesus needs to be the most important one in the Church for sure. 

Psalms 119:145-152

This is a beautiful prayer.  It's a cry for help, a submission to God's will.  There's definitely times like this in our lives today.
145 I call out at the top of my lungs,
God! Answer! I'll do whatever you say."
146 I called to you, "Save me
so I can carry out all your instructions."
147 I was up before sunrise,
crying for help, hoping for a word from you. 

It reminded me of these verses:
Psalms 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling.
NKJV

I've had nights where I was so excited about the Lord, I couldn't sleep.
Psalms 119
148 I stayed awake all night,
prayerfully pondering your promise.
149 In your love, listen to me;
in your justice, God, keep me alive.
150 As those out to get me come closer and closer,
they go farther and farther from the truth you reveal;
151 But you're the closest of all to me, God,
and all your judgments true.


His Word lasts forever.   If the author only knew we'd read them today : )
152 I've known all along from the evidence of your words
that you meant them to last forever.
THE MESSAGE

The believers in Milpitas, CA, and all those who serve Jesus, have beautiful feet. 
Isaiah 52:7
7 How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"
NKJV

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Praying for those who were mislead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we, as Christians, really need to follow God's word instead of getting mislead by others.. Why do they even long for God's coming when He said woe to those who long for the day of the Lord? (Amos 5:18) Just keep watch; don't predict.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Joy! Jesus made it pretty clear He wants to find us busy when He returns :) And God and the Bible are our only reliable sources. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete