Monday, May 9, 2011

Permanent as the heavens

God's Word is forever.  It never goes out of date.  It's as fresh and up to date as the sunrise each morning.  It never goes out of style becoming old-fashioned.  Verses that brought encouragement years ago still apply today.   His love endures forever.

Psalms 119:89-96

89 What you say goes, God,
and stays, as permanent as the heavens.
90 Your truth never goes out of fashion;
it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.
91 Your Word and truth are dependable as ever;
that's what you orderedyou set the earth going.

I feel the same as the author of this Psalm.  If it hadn't been for God's Word, I'd have given up a long time ago.  When I'm afraid I remember verses like:
Phil 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
NKJV
And He provides.

92 If your revelation hadn't delighted me so,
I would have given up when the hard times came.
93 But I'll never forget the advice you gave me;
you saved my life with those wise words.
94 Save me! I'm all yours.
I look high and low for your words of wisdom.
95 The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me,
but I'm only concerned with your plans for me.

We all have our limits for sure!  But His Word does not.  It can't be contained or limited.
96 I see the limits to everything human,
but the horizons can't contain your commands!
THE MESSAGE

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree---the only thing important is discerning what His plan is for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too- the plan He has for me is most important. I tell myself to keep going! That will lead to all sorts of adventures and a full and meaningful life. It's interesting, I read through these verses and thought, "How nice." Then I walked away and realized it applied to me today. Thanks for your comment Clint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen -

    Thank you for sharing this rich message.

    Amen that the word of our Lord is not bound by anything.

    2 Timothy 2:9 - KJV
    ...the word of God is not bound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! His Word is stronger than anything on earth.

    ReplyDelete